Keep touching front camera lens by mistake

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marine0816, Mar 23, 2011.

1. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

Mar 11, 2011
    Every time I try to touch the home bottom I'm always in the wrong orientation I touch the lens by mistake, then I got to flip it around. This wouldn't be a problem If I actually used the lens. But pushing vga and 1 megapixel in the rear renders the camera useless. Why even put a camera on the thing if you ain't going to go all out? And who honestly uses FaceTime pass the first week? the cool effect wears off and you never use it again. So if you ain't going to push more than vga and a five megapixels in iPad 3, don't even bother putting a lens there cause it's distracting.
  2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Jul 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    1. If the lens wasn't there would you create a thread entitled "Keep touching the bezel by mistake"?

2. Why do you have to flip it around, just press the home button with your other hand?

3. How could they have made it any easier for you to know if you are pressing a flat bezel or a recessed button? I could see this complaint if they used capacitive buttons which were flush with the bezel.

4. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the rear camera, the front is perfect for its intended purpose, namely facetime.
  3. shareef777 macrumors 68020

Jul 26, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I use FaceTime daily. Either at work during lunch with the kids or in the evenings with my parents/siblings who are living outside my state. I used to always use iChat for the video chats with my parents, but running after the kids with a 15" MacBook became pretty difficult (and possibly costly :) With the iPad, it's very convenient and fun.