Keep two programs active at once?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by upsguy27, Dec 22, 2009.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I just bought myself a second monitor, and I was wondering if there was a way to, say, keep iTunes visualizer full-screen while browsing the web on the other monitor. Basically, is there a way to keep two windows/programs active at the same time?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

That already happens if you have iTunes running in one window and a web browser right next to it. both are running and both will update the display, even if there is some overlap.

3. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Right, but putting iTunes into full-screen mode will cause the second display to go black as well. Hence my problem.

4. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

I know you can do this with Quicktime and VLC, but I've never heard of it with itunes. Did you search around Sourceforge? Somebody has probably come up with some sort of utility or something...

5. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I was also thinking about games for this one. Is it possible to have a game running full-screen on one monitor and another program open on the second?

6. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

An example of why you might--go to hulu.com and watch any random thing on there. Set it to full screen. Now go and try to work in another application on your other screen...