Keep unlimited data while upgrading my iphone via Verizon w/o paying a lot of $ ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macarthur4, Nov 16, 2013.

1. macarthur4 macrumors newbie

I have had Verizon Wireless for many years. I want to keep my unlimited data while upgrading my iphone 4 to the iphone 5s. I am on a family plan with my wife who has the iphone 5 with the lower end data plan.

Please advise.

Thanks!

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Advise what? You want to upgrade go do it. Not sure what the problem is.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Buy a used iPhone 5 or deal with the fact that a new iPhone 5s starts at $649.

4. sixrom macrumors 6502a

It's important to accept the fact that Verizon is just plain expensive. It's business as usual. Not everyone can be the cheapest.

5. mso4 macrumors regular

Go online to My Verizon and transfer your line's upgrade to your wife's line. Upgrade to the 5S on your wife's line (but using your upgrade and extending your contract another two years). When phone arrives activate it on her line, then do a switch equipment and put her phone back on her line, now use that new 5S on your line.

I just did this earlier this week. Gotta love Verizon!

6. macarthur4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help.

Afdoc, I think my post was written pretty clearly, sorry you didn't quite understand it.

7. AFDoc macrumors 68030

You said you have the 4 on vrz and unlimited. Your wife has a 5 and a tiered plan. You want to upgrade. That's all you said. Upgrade if you want, what's holding you back?

8. bkribbs macrumors 65816

If he upgrades, he will lose unlimited data as he is grandfathered in.