Keep Vista Partition, Reinstall Leopard (?)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mediumofmeaning, Apr 13, 2008.

1. mediumofmeaning macrumors member

Hi, sorry if another thread already exists for this topic -- searched and couldn't find. Please link if available.

Anyway, I would like to reinstalled leopard on my iMac, but don't want to lose my bootcamp partition if possible. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, what steps I have to follow to preserve the windows partition while doing a clean os x install?

Thanks

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Just pop in the disk & boot from it ( hold down C key ),cant remember were during the install,but it gives you the option of what drive you wish to re-install on

3. Poogis macrumors member

I had a 20gb Boot Camp partition with Vista on and Leopard went bad on my new (at the time) MacBook Pro.

I had to reinstall Leopard as I had no choice and noticed that my Boot Camp partition was untouched. I was able to start up in Vista fine.

It should be OK if you're left with your original two partitions (one that you had OS X on and the untouched Boot Camp one). You can just reinstall back onto the Mac partition.

4. mediumofmeaning thread starter macrumors member