Keep window 'always on top'

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by omarjk, Apr 22, 2009.

1. omarjk macrumors regular

So this can be done with Afloat - useful if you use the apps it supports i.e. the so-called Cocoa apps.

Does anybody know of an application that will allow me to keep Office 2008, in particular Word, always on top of other windows when I want it to be?

It's frustrating as I often type documents while using other media that need three-quarters of the screen, leaving a space for Word. However, if I have to click the other media, Word disappears until I bring it back from back-screen oblivion. Perhaps this screen-shot of how I use Word will make things much more clear:

[​IMG]

I have been doing 3 of these tutorials per week since September and the lack of the simple always on top feature is annoying.

Sorry for the pretentious italics at the beginning, but isn't that what us Mac users are stereotyped to be by the rest of Western civilisation?

2. omarjk thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yes, those video tutorials only work in IE hence no FF/Safari before I start getting flak for using IE6.

3. rnrh1 macrumors newbie

I'd like to know this too. I use "audio notes" in word, however I also have to use some of the things our intsructor posts online at the same time. So it stops taking audio when I switch to our server page, which is annoying. If anyone knows a work around I'd like to know.