KeePass 2x database question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nikolay.Zhelev, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Nikolay.Zhelev macrumors newbie

Hi fellows,

I'm new to Mac OS X and I need your support in order to migrate smoothly from windows to mac.

One of my biggest concern is the choice of FREE password manager supporting Keepass database v2x. since my password database is keepass database and it's very big and I would like to use it on my mac as well as on my windows. Honestly I would prefer to stay with the keepass database, threfore I need your advise which password manager is supporting read/write to keepass database v2 and is capable with windows and mac?

Thank you and I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Regards,
    Nick

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I'm not sure if if remember correctly but I think that KeePassX for Mac is currently 2.0 compatible by default...which may be all you need to know.

I was using KeePass on Mac (KeePassX)/Windows/iOS (MiniKeePass) for a while, syncing via Dropbox. The Dropbox/iOS part was a little wonky so when Enpass for iOS was offered for free I gave it a shot. Its Dropbox syncing is seamless.

Enpass for Mac and Windows is free. It can import a KeePass database (via KeePass XML export). You might want to give it a shot to see if you like it.

3. Nikolay.Zhelev thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Brian,

Yes you are right! KeePassX does support KeePass v2 databases in it's new alpha release.

Thank you for your help! I've installed KeePass 2.0 alpha 6 and everything seems to be working fine.

Another problem solved :) I'm so happy today :)

Enjoy your friday night!

Regards,
    Nick