Keepass On IPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly800, Dec 7, 2014.

1. pauly800 macrumors regular

I use a program called keepass 2.0 for my laptop and also made a copy of it to my usb. Thus everytime i log into my email accounts, i have to copy password in it because i want a secure password.

How do i bring this file into my iphone? I downloaded minikeepass on it but how do i get that file on my laptop transferred to my iphone? At the moment, i cant log into any of my emails or other accounts on my iphone because of this.

2. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I don't recommend to keepass on your phone. It seems to me that's a good way to bend it and also sounds very unsanitary.

3. Mais78 macrumors regular

4. Rigby macrumors 601

If you want to do it locally without uploading your file to the cloud, use iTunes filesharing. Otherwise you can use any cloud storage service such as Dropbox or Onedrive, and use "open with" in the respective iOS app to transfer the file to Minikeepass. Or you can mail the file to yourself.

5. pauly800 thread starter macrumors regular

What do you mean by this?

----------

Isn't the file in dropbox already?

Basically i have keepass2.0 on my laptop. Also transferred it to a usb flash drive as well as backup.

I then tried to put it on the iphone4s but it doesn't work. I downloaded dropbox on my laptop, copied keepass 2.0 file to it... then downloaded dropbox on iphone... logged into dropbox... i see the keepass2.0 file... when i click open in... why does it require me to log into my google account? Also i can't log into it b/c my google email password is very long and i can't seem to type all those letters in it and make it work. Thus i just use copy/paste on laptop.

----------

I used dropbox.. not sure what im doing wrong here.

6. Mais78 macrumors regular

Not sure what the issue is, if you have the file in the encrypted folder of dropbox and you have dropbox on the iphone and the laptop by definition you will have also that file on both devices. On your laptop you will use Keepass to open it, on iphone I use Kypass. When you need the file don't go to dropbox, go to Kypass and point it to the file (Settings-> File Synch->Use dropbox). Hope this helps.

7. pauly800 thread starter macrumors regular

Got it to work. Is there a way to not have this keepass close every so often? Example i copied and pasted username/password to my email to log in. After a while when i click on minikeepass again to get username/password for other accounts, i have to put my masterkeypass code again. How do i know if i closed it? thus on laptop its there until I X it out.