KeePass

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macdroid, Mar 15, 2011.

1. macdroid macrumors member

So I finally gave in and purchased my first mac, and one of the few apps I have left to 'migrate' is my KeePass installation.

Is anyone running this on their mac using mono, without any stability issues (and if so, how did you create the 'mono keepass' shortcut)? I am aware of KeePassX as well, but I have seen several reports of database corruption, and with 500+ records, it would really upset me if I had to deal with data corruption (eventho I have backups).

I would like to maintain the ability to access these records from a Windows based machine as well, so I guess I am stuck in a bind.

Should I give up on KeePass altogether? I am not interested in storing my passwords online.

2. PilotWoo macrumors regular

I migrated from Keepass to KeepassX without issue. Just recently I am trialling 1Password, as I love the integration with Safari.

3. macdroid thread starter macrumors member

Since 1Password is part of that new MacpUpdate bundle, I started looking at 1password, but it looks like it has issues importing from Keepass 2.x. The software looks pretty interesting, plus it runs on multiple platforms, so I hope I can get this working before this deal expires.

Is anyone running Keepass 2.x with mono on OSX?