Keeping a smaller iPhone with Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PatrickNSF, Sep 28, 2014.

1. PatrickNSF macrumors 6502

PatrickNSF

Has anyone had any experience with keeping a smaller iPhone (4s or 5) as a backup for the Plus for use while running, cycling or at the gym? I've been leaning towards using a 6 as my sole phone since I run or cycle every day, but started thinking I may be better off with a smaller, cheaper phone for those activities anyway. The 6 and the Plus work, but neither are ideal.

My concern is swapping my SIM back and forth between the two phones on a daily basis. I've only swapped when upgrading each year, so I'm not sure if daily swapping poses any problems I should be aware of. Thanks for the help.

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

How about a small ipod or wait for the apple watch? ;)

3. wxman2003 Suspended

I kept my 5S. Swapping sims is not a problem.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

5. PatrickNSF thread starter macrumors 6502

PatrickNSF

I run listening to Spotify and often a GPS app for tracking, and often on trails where I need the phone for emergencies, so the iPod doesn't work. For the gym it'd be fine, but I'm either on trails or the road most days.

And from what I understand, the Watch will require the iPhone for GPS tracking.

6. gclancer macrumors newbie

gclancer

I am keeping a 6 and a 6+ for myself. The days that i feel like 6+ is too big for me, i will switch over to the 6 :D

7. dkh587 macrumors regular

I have a 5C that I use for work. I spend a lot of time driving and getting in and out of my car, and it is much easier to carry the 5C. I'm getting used to my Plus though :)

8. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I just use my 6+ for all of those activities. Not a big deal.

9. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Same here. I have a 6 and the 6+.

10. PatrickNSF thread starter macrumors 6502

PatrickNSF

I ran with our Plus yesterday (or Friday), and my 6 today. But after pulling my damp 6 out of a water-resistant SPIbelt this morning after 10 miles, I started thinking that running with a less expensive, smaller backup phone wouldn't be a bad idea.

11. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

I plan on doing the same thing with my 5S if/when AT&T decides to ship my 6+ to me.

12. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Still using the 5s as my primary phone. Right now, I'm still acclimatizing to the 6 Plus. I currently have a 5c as backup to my 5s which I'll probably continue using when I switch to either the 6 or 6 Plus.