Keeping an iPhone 4 in the heat?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HoopTrundler, Jul 5, 2012.

1. HoopTrundler macrumors member

I'm going camping for two nights, and apparently the temperature is supposed to get to over 100 degrees the weekend I'm going. I'd be sleeping in a tent, so I don't have an air-conditioned place to put my iPhone, and during the day I'm going to be at the beach, so my only options for then are in my car or with me on the beach. Would putting it in the glove compartment of my car be fine? Or would that just make it hotter? What about keeping it in the trunk with a battery-operated fan blowing on it, if I want to be ultra-paranoid? :eek: Or would it be fine on the beach even, kept in a plastic bag so that sand doesn't get on/in it, even though the temperature may be over 100 degrees?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Are you being serious? Beech in a ziplock back will be fine or powered off in the glovebox. It's a phone not a new born baby!

3. rogerbarrett macrumors regular

hahahaha new born baby ... You are right Gav2k ... You can put your cell phone in any box... You can use water cooler :p

4. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

I took mine to baja 3 weeks ago. 100F degrees. If did fine. However, I did use go offloading in the afternoon sun one day and was using the Navigon gps app. The phone was mounted to car dash. I got the temperature screen and had to turn it off and take it out of the sun. It got a little toasty :). Im glad there was a warning message and shut down the device before any damage.