keeping application switcher on one screen

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by ScottR, Jun 9, 2014.

1. ScottR macrumors member

With a multimonitor setup, I realize that the Application Switcher (Command-Tab) appears on the screen with the active Dock, but is there a way to force it to only display on a particular screen?

My attention is mostly on my main (iMac's) screen, but sometimes I pull up the AS and it's on my second screen, though I hadn't been aware that the Dock had been accessed there (maybe the cursor flew too low one time), slowing me down because I'm not currently working on that screen and I have to refocus.

Is there a way I can force it, regardless of where the Dock is, to only stay on my main screen--or, as a fallback, to have it show up on the screen the cursor is currently on?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

If you move the Dock to the left or right side of your display instead of the bottom, it won't switch to any other display - so AS will not switch either. Not a perfect solution but it's all I have :)

3. ScottR thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for the delay in my response... you're right, this is probably the best of what's possible. Thanks.