Keeping Glossy MacBook Pro screen dust free/clean

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Droooooj, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Droooooj macrumors regular

What's the best way of wiping dust off a glossy screen, and generally keeping it clean?

I'm hesitant to use just a soft cotton cloth in case it creates static, thus attracting even more dust.

2. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

I for one am a supporter of the glossy (Glass Protected) screen... One of the main reasons being that with the people I work with often they find it necessary to put their grubby little fingers onto my screen when they are trying to point thing out or explain them. On my old MacBook Pro I used to get very nervous - now, its no problem...

You get these screen cleaning kits: Static free Brush (To brush away dust and take the static charge away from the screen) Compressed air can work to but in Hot, Dry Conditions this can charge the screen more. Then a quick spay of the cleaning solution and a gentle wide with the static free cloth and moments later the screen looks as good as new - no finger prints, no streaks and no dust for a couple of days... :)

3. Droooooj thread starter macrumors regular

Where do you get a static free brush from? Like the sort of thing photographers use for lens cleaning?

4. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

I have a very dusty house... 4 dogs + All hardwood floors = dust and hair everywhere, constantly (I hate it). I have a microfiber cloth that I use to dust my macbook and other electronics. Throw it in the washer when it is too dusty to do good, and start over. Works well enough for me.

As for smudges, I rarely touch my screen so the occasional pass of windex works for me. My screen is still as perfect as the day I bought it. :D

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I use those lint free cloths you get for lenses and they work well.

6. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

I use the microfiber cloth that came with the mbp, or the blue ones that come with samsung televisions.

I wonder if iKlear is really worth it.

7. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

I have iKlear and it works wonderfully, believe me. I had a MacBook and now the 13" MBP. I didn't think iKlear would make a difference like it did on my old macBook screen. However, I use it about once a month and it removes smudges and looks great. I strongly suggest iKlear. I use microfiber cloths, as well.

Habitus :apple: