Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
From the rumors we can expect very little in the way of changes for the new iPhone 7 coming out. We are finally at the point where the iPhones from 2 generations ago are still plenty powerful and shouldn't show signs of age.

I have always upgraded every 2 years and each time it has seemed like a good improvement that I was excited about. I can honestly say that there is nothing in the rumors that I am looking forward to. If anything, I am looking forward to my Verizon bill dropping after hitting the 2 year mark with my iPhone 6+.

I think an Amoled screen would be nice, but it isn't enough for me to consider a new phone and supposedly the 7 won't be amoled. The lightning headphone jack is insulting as it just raises prices to be able to use accessories. The quality of pictures from my iPhone 6+ are good enough and lets be honest, a $100 point and shoot camera can take better pictures than a smartphone and that will always be the case considering the size of the phone camera sensor.

What are your opinions on the iPhone 7 launch. Do you think this will be the first time where a new iPhone doesn't sell out like crazy during the initial few months? The release of the cheaper iPhone SE and the long period of it being sold out seems to indicate most consumers are interested in saving money and the performance of even the cheaper SE is plenty.

Reactions: Pecheneg

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
Changing eco-systems, such as moving to Android, can be expensive. We've quit being in the leading crowd and are happy with the older phones.

Pecheneg

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
I like new tech and everything, but I as well can't see good enough reason to upgrade my trusty 6 Plus just yet .

Wonderboyf1

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll be upgrading for sure, there's no way my iPhone 6 from day 1 could hold out another year, certainly not without getting the battery replaced anyway. It's definitely running rather slow as well, and the 1gb of ram is very limiting (apps crashing)

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
From the rumors we can expect very little in the way of changes for the new iPhone 7 coming out. We are finally at the point where the iPhones from 2 generations ago are still plenty powerful and shouldn't show signs of age.

I have always upgraded every 2 years and each time it has seemed like a good improvement that I was excited about. I can honestly say that there is nothing in the rumors that I am looking forward to. If anything, I am looking forward to my Verizon bill dropping after hitting the 2 year mark with my iPhone 6+.

I think an Amoled screen would be nice, but it isn't enough for me to consider a new phone and supposedly the 7 won't be amoled. The lightning headphone jack is insulting as it just raises prices to be able to use accessories. The quality of pictures from my iPhone 6+ are good enough and lets be honest, a $100 point and shoot camera can take better pictures than a smartphone and that will always be the case considering the size of the phone camera sensor.

What are your opinions on the iPhone 7 launch. Do you think this will be the first time where a new iPhone doesn't sell out like crazy during the initial few months? The release of the cheaper iPhone SE and the long period of it being sold out seems to indicate most consumers are interested in saving money and the performance of even the cheaper SE is plenty.

To each his own. There are already multiple threads where others seem to want us to convince the OP it is OK to keep his old phone. It is your money and it is YOU that needs to decide. Have not used the audio jack in years and do not wish to carry a $100 point and shoot where ever I go.

I am betting the 7 sales will be like the others and there will be some models that will sell out quicker than others. Total 7 sales might be less than that of the 6 but with the economy, present phone saturation and a possible recession the 7 will sell well.

There will still be much excitement when they introduce the 7, the question is can YOU resist?

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
iPhone 6?! That is so outdated, how could you live with such an obsolete piece of technology. Aren't you embarrassed to use it in public. If I were you, I would run to get myself a 6S today, let alone waiting for the 7 in the Fall.

Reactions: iOSUser7

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
What are your opinions on the iPhone 7 launch. Do you think this will be the first time where a new iPhone doesn't sell out like crazy during the initial few months?

Obviously according to rumors there's not going to be any drastic changes compared to the iPhone 6. But I'm still excited what new changes will be made.

I'd rather wait until the keynote and see what Apple presents to us to make a opinion. I still think it will sell out like crazy, and given that rumors indicate that the iPhone 7 Plus will have the dual camera... those are going to be hard to come by.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Changing eco-systems, such as moving to Android, can be expensive. We've quit being in the leading crowd and are happy with the older phones.

The cost of moving ecosystems may not be as much as you think it is. A few years ago I wanted to try out an Android 7 inch tablet. I realized that 90% of the Apps that I use on a regular basis were either free or cost less than $2. I got a $15 Google Play credit and I think my total outlay was less than $20.

Almost very app was available. (The only downside is some only had an iPad only version, so I had to use a blown up mobile version.) Most app data is saved server side. All my music transferred over easily. The only thing I couldn't transfer were some old iTunes movie purchases. But those were films I'd likely never watch again...or can stream through Amazon or Netflix.

Like a lot of people I thought transferring platforms would be a lot harder than it actually turned out to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.