Keeping iPhone in backpack?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kinkster, Dec 26, 2008.

1. kinkster macrumors 6502a

I'll be bringing my iPhone to school every day pretty soon but I'm a bit worried about it getting banged up. I don't want to worry all the time about dropping my back pack and such but I also don't want to have a hard case on my phone all the time.

Is there some sort of well padded pouch designed for the iPhone?

2. Robby9279 macrumors regular

Be very careful with that... kids these days are sneaky and if they see an iPhone go into your backpack, they'll try anything they can to take it from you... so once you figure out how to protect it in your backpack, figure out to hide it well in there too..
    Just my two cents :rolleyes:

3. kinkster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cell phones aren't allowed at school(to be used, that is) and I don't have much to do with it at school anyways, it's mostly so I have it after were let out.

And yeah, Ill have to think about that..definatly installing that app that gives the location if it's stole. ;)

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Bubble wrap your entire backpack pocket assortment, then leave your backpack at HOME. :eek:

What, are you crazy? Your iPhone will last about three days in the high school environment! :eek:

I'm serious about the bubble wrap, but not serious about bringing it to school; have fun with your new iPhone, just keep an eye on it 24/7...

5. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Well aside from cases that actually attach, there are plenty of cases out there that just hold your iPhone.

You could also consider some of those iPod socks (they'll also fit the iPhone). They're just a little knit pouch to keep your iPod in.

The Apple-branded ones are a little expensive. I think Wal-Mart sells some $5.00 off brand ones though.

6. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Just put something in your backpack, like a shirt or something, and wrap the iPhone in it, so it's padded if you do drop your backpack.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Well, I would just keep it in your pocket turned off. How would they even see it?

I would NEVER put my iPhone in a backpack.

8. SummerBoy macrumors regular

SummerBoy

Totally agreed..kids these days are thieves.. wonder what's going to happen

when they and I grow up :D

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ I figure if I'm separated from my iPhone that's just one more advantage for someone that wants to take it from me. If they take my backpack and I have my iPhone in it, they get my backpack and my iPhone. If I keep my iPhone in one of my many pockets, and they take my backpack when I leave it lying around, they get just my backpack and not my iPhone...

10. kinkster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I imagine I'll make one of the pockets dedicated to it, put some kind of padding in their. Not sure what I'll use though. I don't want it banging against the padding so it would have to be tight but also don't want the padding loose in the pocket. lol, ill figure somehting out.

11. JackMaurer macrumors member

JackMaurer

Are you not mature enough to have it in your pocket all day without playing with it?

saying that I suppose it would distract me too...

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Just keep it in your pants pocket, but make sure its turned off in the morning, and then turn it back on after school is over. In all of the schools I've been to(6), they've had a policy that you can have a cell phone as long as it's turned off and out of sight. That can be anywhere. Your pocket,backpack. As long as the teacher doesn't see it, she/he won't take it away.

13. kinkster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh I'd probably pull it out in the bathroom and check my email haha.

Mostly I don't really like the idea of carrying it around, but I think I'll give it a try for a day or two thanks to this thread.

14. Robby9279 macrumors regular

LMAO! NO I totally agree, just keep it out of site and don't let the teachers see it :D

Sorry, that was so immature, but seriously, take care of that phone, and just simply ask your teachers if you can keep the phone in your pocket considering it's so expensive. Many of my teachers own a iPhone and would understand.

15. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

And then the first day, it gets stolen...That would be an unfortunate coincidence.

16. firewood macrumors 604

How safe are backpacks from theft in your school? An iPhone is a fairly attractive target, and you may not have insured it for full value.

You also want some padding and something waterproof to put the phone inside, within your backpack. Otherwise the phone can get destroyed by drops and any liquid spills (leaky water bottle, etc.).

17. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

DO NOT leave your iPhone in your backpack. I think that's nuts. Just a few days before break I caught two fools snooping through my things.

I'd keep the in your pocket with the ringer switch on. Also, get a case that covers up the phone and makes it less flashy. And put the phone w/ case inside a small pouch. It works for me.

The problem with owning an iPhone in High School is not many people own one, making you a target. At least with it in your pocket it's less feasible to steal.

If you MUST keep it in your backpack, I'd recommend finding a hard shell zip-up case to put it in (in addition to the case on your iPhone).

I don't even bother taking it on gym days unless I know I'll need it after school.