Keeping iPod Touch turned on in car for months on end...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sn0warmy, Aug 12, 2010.

1. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I received a free iPod Touch with my Macbook Pro about a month ago. Until yesterday it was just sitting unopened in a drawer.

I just purchased THIS Sony receiver for my car, which has a hidden dock to house iPods where the CD player would typically be located.

[​IMG]

I've decided to put the iPod Touch to use by installing all my music on it and plugging it into the car stereo. The issue is that it will be stored in the car in sleep mode for months at a time and will be playing music while I drive every day.

I previously used a 2nd generation 20GB iPod in my car for 4 years and only took it out to update the music occasionally. It always worked perfectly, even after sitting in 100+ degree heat in the car for days.

Do you think the iPod Touch will hold up under the same conditions my old iPod did?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I think it might. They battery may not be happy sitting unused in 100+F heat.

3. sn0warmy thread starter macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I should say that 100+ degrees is rare here in Colorado, but it does happen.

Adversely, it will be sitting in below 30 degrees regularly in the winter as well.