Keeping it clean...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wayland1985, Sep 18, 2008.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

One reason I love my mac so much is because I can do everything I need to do with native applications.

I posted several days ago about cleaning up my itunes library, which was infested with duplicate songs. I ended up downloading programs fdupes and idupe, both of which didn't really help (mainly since I didn't feel like figuring out fdupes).

I found out what I wanted to do was easily done with automator.

I ended up trashing the fdupes and idupe... but for some reason i still feel "Dirty". Is there anything else I need to do to remove these files completely? Or was trashing it all i needed to do?

2. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

Trashing them is just fine, just make sure you empty it too =P

3. TraustiB macrumors member

Can use an app called AppZapper. It isn't free but you get 7 free Zaps I think. You drag the app you want to delete into the Zapper and it searches your computer for plist and installed files related to the app you want to delete. Its a great, quick and easy way to completely delete applications.

4. MBPgracie macrumors member

MBPgracie

I agree, I downloaded AppZapper with a crack and its one of the best applications out there.

Great from getting rid of all the other hundreds of cool apps you download and get bored with. oh, and games.