Keeping iTunes on Windows (Parallels) in sync with Mac's iTunes?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TaterToT, May 9, 2011.

1. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if there is a way that I can keep my Windows 7 iTunes that I use through Parallels in sync with my Mac's iTunes? I don't add any new things on the Windows side but I do on the Mac side and I would like those to be added to the Window's iTunes so I can listen to them when I need to be on Windows. Is this possible? Thanks for any help!

2. mutchy126 macrumors regular

You can't.

They are 2 Differenet OS's so unless you put the Files on a USB Drive and Transfer them to iTunes on Windows, Its unlikely, This may sound Random but try just dragging files from the Mac iTunes to Windows iTunes if you use a Parrel, Not Bootcamp. :confused:

3. tomllama macrumors regular

If you use Chronosync in combination with something like Tuxera NTFS you should be able to accomplish what you want to do from OSX.

You need an NTFS add-in to allow you to write the the Windows (NTFS format) disk and you need something like Chronosync to do the sync function.

4. KwanMan macrumors regular

Seeing as Parallels runs W7 as a virtual machine on top of OSX why do you need to run iTunes in the VM, just have it running in OSX in the background. But if you insist on running iTunes in W7 then just set the directory to your OSX iTunes directory so they use the same files hence you dont need a duplicate library and everything will be up to date