Keeping Jailbroken Tweaks

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by burnswuff, Aug 14, 2012.

1. burnswuff macrumors newbie

The sleep button on my Iphone is loose. I talked to an apple representative and they would replace the phone. However, I am currently jailbroken with a lot of paid tweaks on my phone. I understand that I can just redownload them when I get the new phone after re-jailbreaking. I want to know if there is a way to keep all these tweaks without having to redownload them as I have modified them on my own as well.

Also, with the new phone, I plan on doing a clean install. I want to keep my photos, contacts, etc (not apps) but I do not want to backup from an old backup. Hence a clean install. Is there a way to do this as well?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

3. burnswuff thread starter macrumors newbie

However, I only want to resync certain things such as my contacts and photos. I only say this because I want to get rid of junk data that may have accumulated over time with restoring from backups.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

Like I said, you can't selectively restore things unless all your contacts are in iCloud and all your photos are in Photo stream.

5. kokhean macrumors regular

For your modified files, use AppToDeb, try to Google it. It will work nicely as it repackages your Cydia packages even if they are modified.