Keeping Macbook Prestine; Help a Switcher

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mash2K7, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Mash2K7 macrumors newbie

Hi im gonna be purchasing my first mac a macbook white on Tuesday.

I really dont want it to get dirty and want to avoid scratches.

I was thinking of getting a Speck case but dont know weather to get Red or Clear.

Also is the Marware protection any good? and when you stick it on and take it off does it leave any marks. i.e wht sort of adhesive does it use?

Also what is the best keyboard cover is iskin anygood?

And any other suggestions or advice on what to get to make sure my mac stays as mint and clean and scratch free as possible?

Thanks, look forward to joining the mac club after years of windows.

2. Chanel macrumors newbie

3. inlimbo macrumors 6502

macs are pretty tough. I've had mine for a couple of years now. I don't treat it as well as I should. But it still looks good. Only problems I have had which you should try and avoid are:

1) the keyboard can mark the screen when it is closed. I think it is the natural oil from my fingers transferring from the keyboard to the screen. Most of it comes off when I clean my screen, but it is annoying. Best bet is to use the bit of stuff that is placed between your keyboard and screen that your MB came with.

2) My 'c' key for some reason has smudged only recently. I don't know why. But maybe one of those keyboard protectors things would be a good idea.

Don't forget to buy a good case: I have used both the Booq Viper and Crumpler and think they are both very good.