Keeping my iPad safe

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rsquirrel, Aug 29, 2014.

1. rsquirrel macrumors member

I'm going on a trip and will be taking my ipad mini with me. I have it set so that you need to enter a password to get in and I added Find iPhone to it.

Is there anything else I should do?

Obviously, I will keep it out of sight when it's not being used.

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Good moves you've made so far. If you are staying at a hotel and plan to leave your mini in the room, stick a "do not disturb" sign on the door so the hotel staff stays out of the room. Unless the room contains a lockable safe.

My only other suggestion is to always keep its location in mind. By that, I mean if you use it at a restaurant or other public place, don't forget it. I did precisely that right after I got my iPad a couple of years ago. I carry mine in a protective sling bag while traveling. We had dinner at a Thai restaurant in Chicago and I left the sling bag on the seat.

I was very lucky, as our wonderful server came running out after us with the bag containing my iPad. I could only thank her profusely - and mentally kicked myself for being so dumb.

Have a great time!

3. rsquirrel thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

I will do everything I can to keep it safe. Travelling with it for the first time. Just got it a few months ago for this trip.