Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Diaspar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Bristol, UK
I use Pages 4.3 because I hate the newer versions. But the App store nags me to update it every time I sign in there. I found a solution (probably on this forum) where someone said to keep the version I use on the main HD, but download the new version and - in essence - hide it on an external HD so Apple will think everything is up to date. And that worked wonderfully.

But I've just upgraded to El Capitan and now I can't find that newer version of Pages in Time Machine. It's not in the folder where I stashed it on the external HD. And I can't download a fresh version from the App store, as the only option it gives me is to update the version I have.

I've just done screen-share with an Apple senior advisor, who couldn't find a solution, so if anyone can help me, you'll be my hero!

Eithanius

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2005
I assume now you have Pages 5.6...?

Is there an iWork '09 folder within your Applications folder...?

Comment

Ritsuka

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2006
Make a zip of the old Pages app, update it, and get back the old Pages from the zip.

Comment

Diaspar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Bristol, UK
Make a zip of the old Pages app, update it, and get back the old Pages from the zip.

If I do that, will it affect my documents? I mean, will it automatically convert them so they can only be read by Pages 5?

Previously I did have both Pages and Numbers in an iWorks '09 folder when I updated and decided I preferred the older versions. Now the old version of Numbers is there, but Pages has gone walkabout.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.