Keeping Safari Tabs From Changing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mepappas, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Mepappas macrumors newbie

I'm searching routes using Safari, Google Maps, RV Park Reviews, and the links that point to different RV Parks I want to look at on my route. Google Maps is usually where I start and I end up opening three tabs to keep the information separate from each other.
    Without fail after clicking away I end up with one tab and no way to get back to my other tabs. I'm sure there is a key combo that would keep my tabs from being hijacked along the way. Maybe someone could educate me on how this is done.
    Thanks.

2. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

I suggest you use Open in New Window instead of Tabs, although I'm completely puzzled by the disappearing Tabs. I've tried to replicate your experience using Safari 3.1.2 but the Tabs just stay right there. Perhaps using Open in New Window might be better for you. Toggling between or amongst windows (but not Tabs - grrrrr!) is done with Cmd-~.

May I suggest using FireFox instead. R-click a link to open in New Tab. Toggling between or amongst either tabs or windows is done with Cmd-~.

3. Mepappas thread starter macrumors newbie

Safari Tabs

Thanks Hughvane,
    I guess opening in a new window then minimizing each window would keep things straight. I thought tabs would do that but evidently not so!
    Thanks for the response.
    Jim