Keeping Screen Easy to Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Superperson, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Superperson macrumors newbie

Hello, I have had my touch since September and I love it to death. However, recently it has become harder and harder to drag my finger across the screen, as it is no longer "soft", and rather creates friction. I often will feel something that feels like a gunky coating of the screen. When I leave the screen covered when I'm not using it, it is nice at first, but then in a matter of hours gets gunky again. Is there something I can do to make it easy to touch like every other touch I've seen (including the ones at the Apple store, which I can imagine get abused WAAAAY more than mine do)?

2. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Do you have a protective shield over your screen? Have you considered a stylus? I'm a bit obsessive and just wipe my screen with a microfiber cloth often.

3. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Don't laugh, but "wash your hands" before you use it. Chances are whatever is gunking it up is coming from you. Greasy skin? Hair gunk?

I'm a guitar player. I always wash my hands prior to a set. Keeps my expensive guitar necks from getting gunked up. Bad enough that I sweat like a pig when I'm playing.