Keeping the i4 clean... any suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by utcarsons, Jun 19, 2010.

1. utcarsons macrumors regular

My 3G is NEVER looking clean, but I think that is in part to the Zagg I have on it and how the edges pick up ick... Planning on naked for this phone (at least for now). What do you recommend for keeping it clean? Eyeglass cleaner work? I've always got that around... Is there something specific usually recommended with the iphone screens? Do I need to worry about any specific chemicals with the coating?

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

another reason why the 3gs was worth the money was that its screen didnt get really dirty and you can just rub it on your shirt. so the i4 will too.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

you can maybe try iklear? that is what apple uses in their stores. i prefer the ultraslim pouch from sena cases if you choose to go naked but want protection in your pocket.

4. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Monster Screen Cleaner is the greatest thing ever invented...
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Monster+Cable+-+TV+Screen+Cleaning+Kit/5774879.p?id=1069297113224&skuId=5774879&st=monster%20screen%20cleaner&cp=1&lp=1

I use this stuff to clean my TV, computer, iPhone 3G, glasses, etc.

However, I'm more worried about scratches. I plan on getting the bumper, but I'm also considering getting an invisible shield.

I had a invisible shield on the front of my 3G and a hard case on the back. Somehow, the back still got scratched and the metal rim got scratched even worse. I guess it was because of dust getting behind the case or something.

5. Gigzz macrumors regular

It's a phone, not a kitchen countertop. If the screen gets messy I'll wipe it with my shirt.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I didn't like Zagg on my 3GS, so I took it off and used the Apple Anti Glare screen instead. It always looks nice, with no fingerprints or dirt. A thin skin will keep your iPhone clean looking as well. Use a micro cloth on it every once in a while.

7. asl06 macrumors member

8. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

i wouldn't suggest using clorox or Hydrochloric acid.

9. LocoMoco macrumors member

10. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I wouldn't buy anything Monster. I have read some nasty business practices about them.

I use iKlear. It does a great job cleaning my 3G, MBP, and iMac( though it does oddly smears the screen on the iMac, but can't tell when the screen is on or not directly in light).

11. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

+1

12. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

+1

13. carebearsx3 macrumors regular

Not dumping it in mud, blood, cow, or anything else dirty.

14. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I just use my breath and my shirt. But I've always got a microfiber rag lying around somewhere though. Works great.

15. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Does anyone know if screen protectors mess up the oleophobic coating on the iPhone? I've been running my 3GS naked and it has gotten a few tiny scratches (I think from sand) so I was considering protecting my iPhone 4 for at least a little while, but I don't want to do anything that could mess the screen up.

16. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I have an anti-glare screen protector on my 3GS and sometimes when I'm scrolling it will twitch or jerk around a little. It was a 2 pack an my dad used the other one and has the same problem. It doesnt happen too much. I think it might be because of humidity sometimes and it being a matte finish anti glare. Its not bad though.
    If it's from the Apple store, it's Apple approved so it should work.

17. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil