Keeping the macbook looking good

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pattman247, Nov 25, 2007.

1. pattman247 macrumors regular

Yes I know we all love our macs, and that's why I am asking if any of you cherish your computers like your second wife (hehe), as in babying it as much as you can. Does anyone here care about the gathering scratches of the macbook, the staining of the palm rests, or the dents that accumulate over time.

Who here uses brasso, magic eraser, accessories like the invisible shield, etc; all because we want our macbooks to look the same as the day we bought them :eek:

2. macdim macrumors 6502

I keep mine in a case when it is in my backpack to and from University. I hate when people use my laptop, I'm very protective of it. It angers me when people put their pudgy, oil slicked hands on my beauty glossy screen (which is soooo difficult to clean, even with the Apple cloth). Yes, I am insane...

3. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

i wash my hands when I use it, also iKlear keeps the screen rather clean. Eventually though the keys will yellow. But then you just have another reason to buy a new one.

4. pattman247 thread starter macrumors regular

magic eraser works wonders on the palmrests, i usually wipe it once every two weeks, won't it have the same effect on the keyboard?

5. AppleNinja macrumors member

AppleNinja

any great cases that keep it looking snazzy? i am VERY protective of all my electronics.. VERY!!!

6. deggs37 macrumors member

So it is pretty much a given that most Mac enthusiasts are OCD... myself included.:eek:

7. meltz3221 macrumors newbie

What to use on?

So you use it on the palm rest, the keyboard and the outside case? And not the screen .(?)