Keeping this thing cool

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Link00seven, May 2, 2008.

1. Link00seven macrumors regular

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

smcFanControl 2.1

Hmm.. I believe it more benificial to cool the inner parts of the system, rather than the external case. So, how about something like this? It's free and software based. It'll definitely help to keep the system cooler, via overriding the fan controls, give you full control!

http://homepage.mac.com/holtmann/eidac/

3. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

a laptop cooling stand will help cool a few degrees, and evacuate the area (under and directly behind) that would normally get warm with still air, because the computer being aluminum basically acts as a huge heat sink. Don't expect a crazy amount of cooling, but enough to notice with a utility.

4. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I use that EXACT same laptop cooler/stand. Here are some points

PERFECT Fir for a 15" model. In fact the lip on the front is just sightly below the DVD slot, almost like it was made for a MBP.

Alu matches the MBP perfectly in color and shade

USB pass-thru is in the perfect position to be connected and tucked under the stand neatly.

There is a cut out in the back and for passing the mag safe connector thru, next to it is a power switch for the USB powered fans.

The fans are a little loud but nothing terrible. Keeps my MBP down about 5c from not using a stand at all

Overall VERY inexpensive....VERY happy with this product .. buy one