Carrier Keeping Unlimited Data - Help ASAP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueDragon22, Nov 13, 2015.

1. BlueDragon22 macrumors 6502

BlueDragon22

Ok, so my friend decided to go through Best Buy's 2yr contract thing to keep her unlimited data. (She's with Verizon)

She's upgrading to a 6s Plus and just received a message (or email, I'm not sure) from Best Buy saying the following:

"These new charges will be added to your carrier bill and do not include all taxes, fees, and surcharges. Discount or data plan changes previously messaged will be applied to your plan."

So, if she ignores this and destroys the new SIM once she receives her phone, she should be able to keep her unlimited data, correct?

Thanks for your help!

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

I'm not sure how that works. I think it would deactivate her current sim, and switch to the new sim. I don't think if she changed her plan at Best Buy, her old sim would still be good.

3. BlueDragon22 thread starter macrumors 6502

BlueDragon22

She tried doing the Best Buy trick of ordering the phone and then planning on destroying the new SIM. I read that as long as you destroyed the new SIM, the new plan wouldn't be activated.

I may be completely wrong. I don't know.

If she can't keep her UDP with the 2yr, can she do the monthly payments and still keep it?

4. melman101 macrumors 68030

Sadly I'm not sure. I don't have Verizon. Maybe someone else can comment.

I was always under the impression that you need to buy the phone outright in order to keep the Verizon unlimited plan. You may be able to do it with the iPhone upgrade plan as well

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

With AT&T you do not loose your Unlimited plan unless you CHANGE plans. Just using the subsidy to get a discount on your phone will not change your plan.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

Correct. He's talking about Verizon.

7. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Correct destroy the sim and she will be cooking with gas

8. hockeyman94 macrumors regular

I recently upgraded through best buy online and there was no mention of changing my plan whatsoever. If it looks like this below you can use the new sim and will still have unlimited data at $29.99 instead of $49.99 but she needs to make sure its ordered before nov 15. On Nov 15 is when they are raising the UDP to $49.99

Attached Files: