Keeping up on new app releases - how do you do it?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Errk!, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Errk! macrumors 6502

I like to check in a few times a day and see all of the new apps that are released, but I'm not seeing an easy way to do this. I usually just go to appshopper.com and try to remember where I left off that last time I was there, whenever that is, but was hoping there was an easier way.

I also got AppSniper hoping it would show me new apps added since the last time I opened the app, but all it does is give me a number and doesn't indicate where, in the list, the new apps start.

Is there maybe a site somewhere that will keep track of this for me? Even if I have to create a login ID and log in each time that would be fine. Anything to make it easier.

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i check appshopper.com each evening while i'm watching TV

i also have store extend app on my iphone....

3. BriGuy20 macrumors member

BriGuy20

I hit refresh every 10 seconds on the TomTom iPhone website to see if they've released any news on their GPS program yet. :p

Seriously, though, I usually just peruse Engadget/Gizmodo and here and look at the App Store Top 10.

4. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I use Appshopper's RSS feed via Google Reader/Byline. That and the normal Mac-related sites. Twitter as well.

5. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

I keep checking this forum. Let everyone else do the work for me.

6. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

The easiest way I've found is to use PandoraBox. Free app.

7. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

8. bnnew1 macrumors newbie

I use AppMiner. It has a "New" category that groups apps by day for the last few days. It also has a nice "Sale" category that is also grouped by day.

9. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

...stuttering...

Hi, my name is Johnny Appleseed...and...I'm...an...appoholic.

Thanks for having me at Appoholics Anonymous.

10. Ironworker808 macrumors regular

This ↑ is HIGHLY recommended.

It shows all new apps approved and groups them into 'last 24 hours', 'last 48 hours', and 'last 72 hours'. Also splits them into 'free' and 'paid' apps.

It also has a price drop page. Shows apps that have been dropped to free and those that have been dropped but still cost $$.

11. army91c macrumors 6502a

I just check out www.appul.... oops, I mean update my app store a lot. :eek:

I just check out the different forums, if someone raises some chatter about an app I go check it out.

12. jacobgaul macrumors regular

tisk tisk