Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
Anybody found a way to keep the Apple Pencil somehow attached/tethered to the Mini 5? I liked the strap option for use with the pro Smart Keyboards; obviously can't do that with the Mini 5, and the lack of substantial lateral bezels makes the straps not an option (without covering part of the screen). I prefer a case-less mini, so I've been thinking of getting the adhesive pouches and sticking it on the back, but fear damaging the rear of the iPad with the adhesive. I've got a "security holder" strap that hooks to the edges of the iPad, and I've considered adhering one of the pouches to it. Any thoughts/suggestions?

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
Try some 3M double-sided tape. It is made to not damage items it is affixed to.
Thanks for the suggestion, worth a try! Though I have previously pulled off laminate trying to remove a key holder that was adhered with 3m double sided tape...

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Are you wanting one to be connected to the apple Smart Keyboard? If you search Amazon they sell a few.

Alternatively lots of cases with inbuilt pencil holders.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
Are you wanting one to be connected to the apple Smart Keyboard? If you search Amazon they sell a few.

Alternatively lots of cases with inbuilt pencil holders.
There is no Smart Keyboard for the mini 5.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
Just to follow-up on this, I ended up buying a sleeve holder on Amazon that sticks to the back of the iPad. Thus far works great, and adds virtually no weight to the iPad. Not sure what will happen if I ever decide to take it off (stuck on with 3m double sided tape). On the other side I have my “security strap” to make it easier to hold the iPad. Really happy with this combo, and I can still slide my iPad into my Brydge keyboard without problem. I’ll update if there are any issues. Feel free to post if anyone finds another option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.