Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shinenjk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Boston, MA
I like to carry my earphones around in my pocket and use it when needed (mostly for music listening). Is there a way to keep it from getting tangled up in my pocket? A simple tool/device? FYI, I do not like having it plugged into my iPhone with the earbuds wrapped around.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
I have traditionally just coiled them around a couple of fingers, and then put them in my pocket. Starting at the headphone end, and wrapping toward the plug, so that the plug end will unwrap first.

This doesn't seem to work so well with the new iPhone 3G headphones though - they seem to have a bit of a "tacky" coating on the cable, which makes them bind/stick as you unwrap them...

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I have a couple of things similar to this:

41K4T9qExyL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

earpiece_wrap-20070620-135249.png

I don't even remember where I got them, but they work well enough. It was probably <$10 for a pack of 3.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
That's a great idea. I should do that.

Thanks, it's small enough to keep in your pocket with minimal bulge and it keeps the headphones protected. Previously, I have damaged headphone wires due to keys/pens/etc kept in my pockets or bag.

phannon666

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Bucks, UK
I have what's called a BudCase, basically a small keyring pouch that you can fold up and whack your headphones in, very useful, because I always have my keys and iPhone with me, I'll never be without my headphones either!

http://budcase.com/ (mine is a red one)

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
I have what's called a BudCase, basically a small keyring pouch that you can fold up and whack your headphones in, very useful, because I always have my keys and iPhone with me, I'll never be without my headphones either!

http://budcase.com/ (mine is a red one)

I was hoping someone would make a keychain headphone case. But I will need to make some decisions first. I've already got a thumbdrive, leatherman micra, 8-in-1 tool, car keys, house keys in 1 key ring!

elvidc

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2019
I was hoping someone would make a keychain headphone case. But I will need to make some decisions first. I've already got a thumbdrive, leatherman micra, 8-in-1 tool, car keys, house keys in 1 key ring!
[doublepost=1546936111][/doublepost]
You should try something like the orbitkey. Just saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.