Keeping your earphones neat?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shinenjk, Jul 28, 2008.

1. shinenjk macrumors regular

I like to carry my earphones around in my pocket and use it when needed (mostly for music listening). Is there a way to keep it from getting tangled up in my pocket? A simple tool/device? FYI, I do not like having it plugged into my iPhone with the earbuds wrapped around.

2. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

I too would like to second this motion, to find a answer. I spend 5 minutes untangling mine...

3. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I have traditionally just coiled them around a couple of fingers, and then put them in my pocket. Starting at the headphone end, and wrapping toward the plug, so that the plug end will unwrap first.

This doesn't seem to work so well with the new iPhone 3G headphones though - they seem to have a bit of a "tacky" coating on the cable, which makes them bind/stick as you unwrap them...

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I have a couple of things similar to this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't even remember where I got them, but they work well enough. It was probably <$10 for a pack of 3.

5. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I found that Starbucks mints tins work well.

Attached Files:

6. shinenjk thread starter macrumors regular

That's a great idea. I should do that.

7. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Thanks, it's small enough to keep in your pocket with minimal bulge and it keeps the headphones protected. Previously, I have damaged headphone wires due to keys/pens/etc kept in my pockets or bag.

8. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Thanks for that awesome idea. I will definitely be try that. Plus it leaves your iPhone headphones smelling minty fresh. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

9. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

Classic! To bad there aren't any Starbucks in the Netherlands except on Schiphol Airport.
    :(

10. phannon666 macrumors regular

I have what's called a BudCase, basically a small keyring pouch that you can fold up and whack your headphones in, very useful, because I always have my keys and iPhone with me, I'll never be without my headphones either!

http://budcase.com/ (mine is a red one)

11. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I'm going to get one of those. LOL My favorite flavor is the Vanilla Mint. :D

12. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I was hoping someone would make a keychain headphone case. But I will need to make some decisions first. I've already got a thumbdrive, leatherman micra, 8-in-1 tool, car keys, house keys in 1 key ring!

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Thanks!

I originally thought "I'll get something like an Altoids tin...just smaller."

Since then I haven't seen anything smaller, no matter what store I look in! So I'll just have to go to Starbucks. Good to know.

14. sodaftl macrumors member

sodaftl

15. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Went to starbucks today, didn't see any Mints Tin shaped like that, looks like there going for more a tall tic-tac's shape but I bought this and they fit okay, better than lose in pocket.

[​IMG]

16. li2eggie macrumors newbie

li2eggie