Keeping your Verizon "Voice/Text/Data Promotion" after iPhone activation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bswartz95, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Has anyone activated an iPhone by calling the number listed on the checkout page of the Verizon website? Upon buying the iPhone, there was a disclaimer that said if you like your current text & data plan, and don't want it to change, you should call 1-800-922-0204.

I should receive my iPhone tomorrow and do not want my plan to change. I wonder if anyone has had experience with this today?

Thanks!

2. jmcarp83 macrumors newbie

3. Bswartz95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Good to know! Did you have a special discounted or promotional plan before?

4. jmcarp83 macrumors newbie

I just have my employee discount applied to my account. That all stayed the same too.

5. GroceryHauler macrumors newbie

I have a discounted unlimited text and data plan ($9.99) and it wasn't affected. I'd call and make sure though.

6. Bswartz95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I think that's what I have. It's $69.99 for the nationwide talk & text with unlimited data.

The way it appears on my bill is $59.99 plan plus a $29.99 data plan, but then there's a reoccurring $20 monthly credit for the data.

I definitely don't want to lose that! :)

7. mikeabbz macrumors member

I have the unlimited talk and text plus data and it was removed today from my lines that I activated iPhone on. Took them 2 days to remove the promotion, originally activated Tuesday February 8th.

I called today and was told it should have stayed on, the CSR noted my account and said it would take up to 24 hours to be put back on. If it is not back on tomorrow I am going to call the 1-800 number that was on the original order page.