Keh.com

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wyro, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Wyro macrumors member

Greetings,

Just made my first purchase off keh.com. I purchased a used Canon EOS 3 to fulfill my need for a full-frame camera! Ha. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience buying used cameras or gear from them?

Thanks

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Yes. They have been around for decades. Not always the best pries but they seem to always have what you are looking for and they are 100% above board. But just make sure not to buy a camera that at least "excellent" or you can be certain that is is not "excellent".

3. Edge100 macrumors 68000

Not quite sure what you mean by this. I find KEH.com has very conservative ratings for their gear. Their "BGN" is many people's "Excellent".

100% recommend KEH.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Some of my friends bought stuff from them and speak highly of them. You should have fun with your new gear.

5. venusian macrumors member

I've been really happy with my keh purchases. I think they under-rate if any thing (eg there is nothing wrong with a BGN lens I brought from them)

6. Randy McKown macrumors member

I personally don't use them but my Dad has been buying stuff from them for like the last couple decades and he's always happy with them.

7. someoldguy macrumors 65816

Been both buying from and selling to them for maybe 15 years , Never a problem. I've never purchased a 'bargain' item , but everything I've gotten has been better than I've expected.

8. MacCruiskeen macrumors 6502

Plus, they're usually pretty good about exchanges if you think the item you got didn't match the description or rating. I've purchased a number of items from them over the years--lenses, mainly--and have been satisfied.

9. Attonine macrumors 6502a

Yeah, Keh.com is one of the top tier photographic retailers in the US with an online presence. I put them up there with B&H, Adorama etc.

10. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

They tell you what to expect from the rating system and tell you the criteria for the rating.:cool: I wish other places would be as straight forward.

Yep. I brought a couple of lenses off them. The "bargain" rated lenses was actually in better shape than I expected; good optics and deep scratches on the housing. Not an issue for me. It ain't purdy, but the pictures it takes sure is. A great buy for an occasional use lens. I used it on a homemade tilt-shift (not just tilt:p) bracket. I'd buy a Canon TS if I had the $$$.

I brought an "ugly" just for laughs and to save on shipping. They weren't kidding. It had a dead bug lodged on the inside of the front element:eek: and some scratches on the glass. It took me a bit of effort to take it apart and clean in out, but now I've got two lenses for my TS bracket.

11. Wyro thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the replies! I can't wait to get my EOS3 !