Kenmore Alfie

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMi, Jul 13, 2016.

1. iMi macrumors 6502a

iMi

Has anyone tried the Kenmore Alfie device?

Apparently it's on sale for $9.99 right now (down from $49.99) and I wonder if it's because Sears realized it's a gateway to improved sales or because the concept failed. To anyone not aware of this device, it's a voice shopping assistant. You tell it what you want and it find it for you at the lowest price. Comes with iOS and Android App. Sounds pretty cool.

I've used shop bolt by shopyourway.com and absolutely loved it. Same concept, but with a portable hardware. Anyway... I ordered one. Anyone who has one, please share your experience here.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think this is the reason. I know Sears is pulling out all the stops to stave off the sliding sales but I don't think this stuck a nerve with Sears typical customer.

3. iMi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMi

You could be right. Then again, they launched this produce in early June. It's been only a month. Giving up already? Does't seem likely. Sears has been rolling out various initiatives reminiscent of throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks :)

I'll be picking this thing up today. Will report back on how well it works.

4. iMi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMi

After a few days with the device, I have to say it's pretty neat. Tiny little thing. You push a button and tell it what you need, wait a few minutes and Alfie tells you what he found and how much it will cost. You tell it to fetch and the order is placed. Easy.

The corresponding Alfie app will display product images and you can message back and forth with Alfie, which is clearly being supported by a real person. An order placed with Alfie shows up under my Shopbolt account, so the two services are clearly connected. Alfie seems to be the physical extension of shopbolt.

Anyone who hasn't tried the service really should - shopboltnow.com. My advice? Skip Alfie, use shop bolt, unless you order groceries (partnered with Peapod, I believe). It's really neat to just add something you'll need to order to your grocery list right there and then.