Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aalu91

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
I was looking around for the best case combination and I stumbled across the kensington smart cover compatible case...there arent really any reviews for it except for 5 on amazon and was wondering if anyone has had any experience for this case...for example does the front lip of the case get in the way of the smart cover? Let me know thanks!

http://www.kensington.com/kensingto...otective-back-cover-for-new-ipad®-ipad-2.aspx

and amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Pr...RZE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332123705&sr=8-1

JacaByte

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2009
I, too, would like to know more about this case. The description implies that the whole cover has been rubberized, is this the case? (No puns intended) I would rather that the back cover was a hard shell.

aalu91

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
Just received this case from amazon...figured i might as well since it is only 12 bucks shiipped. In short, i really really like this case! It fits with my smart cover perfectly and also it hugs the edge of thie ipad really well so it wont slip off the edges. The material is a very sturdy tpu.

I got the belkin snap cover for the ipad 3 at best buy yesterday and i will definitely be returning it in favor of this case. Highly recommended check it out on amazon

JacaByte

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2009
I would rather avoid TPU if I possibly can. Thanks for telling me about the case though. :)

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Love it!

I have a translucent Kensington back cover paired with a dark grey Apple smart cover on my iPad 3. Great combo. Very thin. Doesn't interfere with the smart cover at all and it has just the right amount of grip to hold the iPad propped at various angles when lounging around the house (the aluminum is too slippery on it's own). It also feels much safer when carrying it about. The material is pretty firm and rigid: I can't imagine it sagging out of shape like some of the early silicone iPhone cases did.

For the record, I just migrated to this setup from an iPad 1 with the original Apple case - which I also loved because it was super thin and grippy. This new combo is probably what I'll stick with for another 2 years because it's just perfect for me. More-so, since I just hacked the back cover (slightly) to mate perfectly with the Apple keyboard-dock from my old iPad 1. It's a nice solid, functional dock and I didn't want to give it up going to iPad3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.