Kensington Battery Pack and Charger for iPhone and iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mjshot15, Jul 18, 2008.

1. mjshot15 macrumors newbie

I ordered this from Amazon before the iPhone 3G was out and people realized it wasn't compatible with all USB chargers. I know the mini one works, but has anyone tried this with their new 3G.

It hasn't shipped yet, and i will cancel it if it doesn't work

Hopefully someone has tried this.

Thanks!

2. Tannerozzy macrumors regular

Tannerozzy

I was looking into buying that. If you decide to go through with it and try it out, let us know if it works.

3. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I must be missing something in the description because I can't see what drives the high price on that one. It comes with an iPod cable for $112 but what looks to be the same item without the iPod cable (dock cable) is only $50 and that's a local price (Circuit City if in the US) so I can't see why it's more than twice the price with just the addition of the cable.

I actually went looking for the model without the dock cable at my Circuit City. While they were out of stock, they did have the APC UPB10 on closeout for only $24.99! I snagged it up right away! Again, it doesn't come with a dock cable but worked just fine with the cable that came with my 3G. This model also scored a bit better in the iLounge reviews. Amazon still wants over $60 for it here.

4. mjshot15 thread starter macrumors newbie

I e-mailed Kensington and they said NO

but a lot of things have been working even though they aren't supposed to and i got it for like $36 so it was a good deal and i'd hate to have to pass on it

5. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

I just got the little $36 one that clips onto the bottom of the iPhone. Works perfectly.

6. mjshot15 thread starter macrumors newbie

ya they said that one works, but not the one i bought

7. iRen macrumors newbie

Kensington portable pack for mobil devices

just bought this item model #k38021 @ circuit city for $59 a d charged it a d works perfect with iPhone 3g. It is tiny a lil smaller than the iPhone.

8. supermanfan macrumors member

Looks like it is only $15 after discounts and rebates right now @ Circuit City.

9. HaroldC macrumors regular

Just got the Kensington 38021 as stated above and confirmed that it works with the 3G iPhone. Picked it up at Circuit City for $44.95 and got a $30 mail in rebate, which is $15 + tax. Not too bad for some extra insurance..... :)