Kensington Nightstand Charging Dock Works with Case On

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SpeedxRavi, Jul 4, 2010.

1. SpeedxRavi macrumors newbie

I bought the Kensington Night Stand Charging Dock for my iPhone 4 a few days ago and I am pleased with it. You can also download a free App, Rise&Shine, that goes along with the dock that will display time and weather on your iPhone. But my goal of buying this dock was just to use it as a charger.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX429LL/A

Pros:
    - It works well with my case (Griffin Reveal).
    - You can use it vertically or horizontally.
    - It's made to accommodate all iPhones since it isn't shaped for a specific one.
    - Rubberized edges and bottom so it grips the surface well.

Cons:
    - Getting it out of the dock with one hand isn't easy. You'll have to push down hard with your pinky while you lift with your thumb and index finger.
    - Because the dock isn't shaped for a particular iPhone, you can't blindly place the iPhone on top of the dock as there is no support in the back to guide it down.

I bought mine for $30 from Apple. Not a bad price to pay since it works with my case on, and I'm hoping it will work with future versions of the iPhone as well. I can avoid having to buy a new dock every time a new iPhone comes out.

Ravi

2. blkonblk17 macrumors 6502

I bought it as well, just to clear some possible question which shall arise. It does NOT work with the apple bumper. You will have to remove bumper, which is why I will be returning the dock. Other than that the idea and concept is great. Congrats on your purchase.