Kensington PilotMouse Pairing Amnesia

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by .macstiled, Nov 2, 2007.

1. .macstiled macrumors member

So does this mouse have issues pairing with Mac OS X after a reboot, or do I just have a faulty unit? I also have the Logitech BT Travel mouse, have tested it on both my MB and MBP, and it's discovered fine after a reboot. The Kensington has to be re-paired on both laptops after rebooting, and this was under both Tiger and Leopard.

I'm hoping it's just a faulty unit, because I really like the feel of this mouse. The grip, and the acceleration feel really good to me. But I don't leave my laptops on, and tend to boot up several times a day, and this constant re-pairing is the biggest pain ever.

Anyone use the Kensington? The full name is the Kensington PilotMouse Bluetooth Optical Mini.

2. .macstiled thread starter macrumors member

So it was a conflict with the new Apple wireless keyboard. Odd how the Logitech doesn't have an issue with this, but I found a workaround I can deal with. So long as I turn off both the Logitech BT mouse and Apple BT keyboard when I boot up the MB, the Kensington is recognized fine by the OS, so no need for a re-pairing fiasco using the trackpad. Then I can turn the mouse and keyboard back on with no issues (that I've seen).

Anyway, in case anyone ever has the same problem... that's one solution.