Kensington Sling Bag for ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sam2428, Mar 29, 2011.

1. sam2428 macrumors 6502

Has anyone had experience with the Kensington Sling bag for use with their ipad?

http://www.macmall.com/p/Kensington-Carrying-Cases/product~dpno~8082522~pdp.gbajfbf

I'm looking for a minimalistic design travel bag for my new ipad that i could carry a few extra things such as travel documents, cell phone, wallet, chargers, etc. I think this looks good and at a great price! Cant really beat $20 bucks for a decent bag (although there are other bags i find more aesthetically pleasing). Looks like it has decent reviews, but i wanted feedback from anyone here that might have it or used it.

I really like the Tom Bihn bags, but I cant justify $100+ for a something I will probably only use occasionally. Plus, I think I like the "sling" style more than a "messenger" style.

[​IMG]

2. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

Hey yea, I have that bag.

In the main pocket, you'll find an inner cushioned side pocket where the iPad will fit just right (with or without a case)

...and believe it or not, the rest of the space in the main pocket holds my 11' MacBook air too, which also wears a clear plastic case.

The smaller pockets in the front is big enough to hold smaller items, like a phone, charger and such.

3. sam2428 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info! So the main pocket is rather large. Do you think the ipad 2 (being smaller) will move around in there?

Anyone else have any thoughts on the bag? Even those who dont own it... What do you guys think of it?

4. jedolley macrumors 68000

I considered this bag last year for the iPad 1 and for the price it looks pretty solid. The reviews on Amazon are mostly positive, but the thing that stopped me was I don't like how boxy it looks. For slings I prefer the teardrop look like Victorinox/Swiss Army slings, but AFAIK they did not do a netbook/iPad sling.

5. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

It's not a snug fit for the iPad. I think they were making room for iPads with cases. If you wanted to, you could fit two iPad 2's with Smart Covers.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I agree, but I don't see it as a problem. The iPad has its own padded pocket, so as long as you don't put anything else in the pocket, it won't get scratched up, or bang into anything else you might have in the main compartment.

I got this bag because I wanted something to carry both my iPad and the Apple bluetooth keyboard. Turned out I hardlyi ever use the keyboard, so I hardly ever use this bag. It's a good bag to have if you carry iPad + something else, but too bulky for just the iPad alone.

7. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

Good price for the bag for sure. 1/10th the price of a muzetto lol

8. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I've had this for my iPad1 and now I'm using it for my iPad2. I've found it pretty handy, and a bargain for the price. I'm sure the Bihn outclasses it. But it your looking for a good price on a very usable bag you won't be disappointed for the cost.

9. sam2428 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, i wonder if I can find this bag locally to take a look at... Being too big i guess isnt too bad since when i travel i will most likely have other things with me although probably not much. No need to carry around magazines, my ipod, etc when i have my ipad :)

I guess I'll probably look into something smaller as i dont plan on carrying around a keyboard or another laptop or anything. Anyone know of some other bag that is similar in design (sling like) and doesnt break the bank?

10. sam2428 thread starter macrumors 6502

I really like the Victorinox swiss army sling! The design is definitely much nicer looking. And its not too bad price wise either.