Kenu Stance iPhone tripod

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EDH667, Nov 13, 2014.

1. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I have been a big fan of the Kenu Airframe and Airframe plus, and just ordered the Kenu Stance today. I will update in a few days once I receive and try it out. I think it will come in handy for travel since it is such a small and compact tripod.

http://www.kenu.com/products/stance

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I'm interested in this but I'm curious if it will negatively affect the port in any way? Let us know.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

According to the FAQ on their web site it doesn't.

"Stance mounts to the iPhone using MicroMount™, which is made of a durable, resilient composite material called Grilamid®. MicroMount does not conduct electricity and is designed to be safe for use with the iPhone Lightning Port."

4. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

It's a pretty nice stand, but i would not want my phone behind held and supported just by the lightning port

5. EDH667, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

EDH667 thread starter macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I received my Kenu Stance yesterday and used it for awhile and I was very impressed. It is very stable holding my iPhone 6 Plus (as long as you remember to have the main leg pointing behind the phone). I don't believe it will cause any damage to the lightning port. It is hard to go wrong with a tripod that weighs about 1 ounce, is very compact and even includes a bottle opener.

Attached Files:

6. Altruistic macrumors member

Thanks for sharing --- Nice tripod design

The Kenu Stance looks like a quality product and could be great for most users...I also would just want a bit more support than just the Lightning attachment point, would suck if theLightning port ever loosened up and became an issue for synching and charging.

That being said I'll keep the Kenu Stance as something to seriously consider if nothing more to my liking doesn't come out.

7. Pat too macrumors member

Looks pretty good, very small and pocket-able. But what about in horizontal mode, is there more more than one angle?

8. EDH667 thread starter macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I added a photo showing the horizontal mode also.

9. Pat too macrumors member

Thanks, I may have to consider the Joby GripTight XL Micro Stand instead. Whilst not as compact as the Kenu, the Joby will work better in landscape format and the mount can be detached for use on a full sized tripod.

10. Altruistic macrumors member

On order ---

A couple of places make this type:

Albinar 2 in 1 4" Hand Pistol Grip Mini Tripod

That I will be using with this:

RetiCAM® Smartphone Tripod Mount XL

11. Alex225 macrumors regular

It does look quite cool but I'm not sold on it resting completely in the Lightning connector.

I have the Twelve South High Rise which although sits your phone in the Lightning connectir but has a back so there's no leverage on the port, if that makes sense.

This product does look really nice though, only thing I'm not keen on is the bottle opener. Seems a bit of an odd thing to include!

12. EDH667 thread starter macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I agree the bottle opener is kind of an odd thing to include on an iPhone stand, although I have been in situations where I wish I had a bottle opener and had to use car keys and struggle to get a bottle open!

13. Alex225 macrumors regular

Haha I know what you mean although I'm not sure during those situations I'm likely to have an iPhone stand with me either!

14. Pwscott macrumors newbie

15. Mr.C macrumors 601

16. Altruistic macrumors member