Kernal Panic Error When Starting Up With 10.4.1 Disc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nepgunes, Dec 3, 2008.

1. nepgunes macrumors newbie

nepgunes

Hey Guys,

I have OS X 10.1.5 installed on my iMac G4 and I'm trying to install OS X 10.4.1. Upon restarting with the 10.4.1 disc, I receive a Kernal Panic Error message right after it restarts and the white apple appears, the error looks like this:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/13/1062271dx5.jpg

The error message says on the top: Unable to find driver for this platform: "PowerMac 4, 2"

I eject the disc by restarting + holding down the mouse button and the computer restarts back up in OS X 10.1.5.

Any ideas??

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

The panic indicates you are crashing on a kernel from 2000. I don't think you are booting 10.4.1 as you said. Basically, the OS is too old to run your newer computer.

3. nepgunes thread starter macrumors newbie

nepgunes

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well, posting the Mac OS X Beta Kernal Panic as what is happening with your machine, sort of threw us.

If it is a Restore DVD from a newer machine, not the retail Tiger Disk, it probably won't work giving you a machine not found error.

5. nepgunes thread starter macrumors newbie

nepgunes

I was told on another forum that I dont' have the retail 10.4.1 disc, mine was a grey color and I need a black one with a grey X on it...

Are there any free upgrades from 10.1.5?