Kernal Panic on MM 2012 2.5 GHZ

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by windows8suks, Dec 6, 2013.

1. windows8suks macrumors newbie

i am fairly new to mac considering i just bought my first mac pc and 3 hrs into setting up i had a kernel panic.

i can't boot into safe mode

Tried pressing CMD+OPT+P+R - takes me to disk utility.

Tried single user mode - all i see is a bunch of code on screen real fast and then it restarts

basically it is in a reboot loop sequence

last thing i remember doing on my mac mini 6.1 was i installed clean my mac 2 and ran it

Then uninstalled Xcode which was already installed on it.

any thoughts people..??

PS- i was just about to install Mavericks to a USB for performing a clean install but now i cant even boot into mac.

is there a way to create a bootable USB of Mavericks on Windows...?

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Boot your computer holding command+r to get to recovery disk mode. Erase your HD and reninstall OS X on the newly erased HD. It will take a long time to download so be patient with it. Also, don't use clean my mac 2 anymore, it is known to break computers unless you know what you are doing.

3. windows8suks thread starter macrumors newbie

btw how can i make a bootable usb of mavericks from windows pc...any ideas..

i cant seem to find a tutorial anywhere..:confused:

4. opinio macrumors 65816

You mean set up a Hackintosh?

5. windows8suks thread starter macrumors newbie

nope.

just to perform a clean install of mavericks by pressing option key on boot up.

6. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

no, i think he means that he wants to download the install of MAV to a win machine and create a bootable USB from his/her win machine.

Wasn't there a program that would let you do that? "ML disk maker" or something like that?

7. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I just said how to do a clean install. Just boot up holding the command-r keys and it will boot to a window that says OS X utilities. Click on disk utility, then continue to wipe the hard drive, then quit disk utility, click on install OS X and press continue. The rest should be self explanitary.

8. stynger007 macrumors newbie

stynger007

Program is called Transmac , takes a while to complete the task of creating a bootable USB - Transmac is free and works excellent-:)