Kernal panic while trying to install Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Helpmac24, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Helpmac24 macrumors newbie

Alright I am trying to install a Mac OS snow leopard 10.6 build (10a432) the very first retail release on a fresh install.

I believe I have a late 2009-2010 macbook pro with dual core 2

When I boot the computer and hold option to boot from usb, everything goes fine then I get a kernal panic telling me to restart my computer.

I have tried to search but seem to find some slight answers. I believe the cause maybe from the snow leopard retail version I am using. Which is the very first retail release according to apple, which was released in August of 2009.

The second retail disc came out in mid 2010, which is 10.6.3

I have read that this could be the problem causing the panic kernal...

Do you think if I tried 10.6.3 it will work?
    Some say my computer will not work with anything lower than retail 10.6.3?

please input I am trying to get this done tonight has been an awful two weeks to try to fix this.

2. Helpmac24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems that many users that have encountered this kernel problem found out it was a software issue. Seems like what I have researched so far that the problem was the INSTALLER USER itself using the wrong snow leopard retail version for their macbook pro.

Snow leopard came out with their first retail 10.6 (DARWIN 10) I believe this disc will only work for macbooks pro made before April 13,2010.

Snow leopard came out with a 2nd retail disc 10.6.3 (DARWIN 10.3) which I believe will work for almost every macbook pro install.

So far the majority of Kernel error I have read have came from trying to boot the 10.6 version which will shoot you with a kernel error to restart the computer. Then some with success tried to boot using snow leopard 10.6.3 and have no problems.

blahhh feel like I may have answered my own question. Anybody have any experience with this in the past?

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i was having all kinds of issues installing a clean copy of lion found i had faulty RAM put my original RAM back in and problem went away

4. Helpmac24 thread starter macrumors newbie

If this doesn't work out... I AM TRASHING THIS POS 2010 MACBOOK PRO and will never buy a mac product again.

I can go out to best buy, buy a windows for $300 that has better specs than this 2010 $1200 pos mac...fingers crossed.:D