Kernal Panic!!!!!

xtopher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Ontario
so i got my first kernal panic a few weeks ago, and since then ive had 3! count em' 3 of these things. it wouldnt be so bad but they happen at school and then i cant use my computer till i get home and i can run the disk utility. anyone know why they are getting more and more frequent? im not doing anything out of the ordinary, today i was just here and had nothing else running and BOOM grey screen telling me to restart in a few languages

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
You can look in the console output, which normally gives some insight on what caused the kernel panic.

Psst.. it's kernel.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
When they happen have you just plugged in or removed somthing from the computer, also have you added any RAM?

xtopher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Ontario
Where can I find that? Oh great, and here I am misspelling kernel when I nitpick every one else's grammar and spelling haha

xtopher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Ontario
i never unplug anything im usually just sittin there, and i have added ram but they never happened before and i installed the ram right at the start

xtopher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Ontario
whenever i type kernel in console it goes blank. and it did say something about something about my airport. not that thats much help. but im gonna run it on 2 GB for a lil while, semesters almost over nothin riding on it:p