Kernal Panic!!!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xtopher, Aug 10, 2007.

1. xtopher macrumors regular

xtopher

so i got my first kernal panic a few weeks ago, and since then ive had 3! count em' 3 of these things. it wouldnt be so bad but they happen at school and then i cant use my computer till i get home and i can run the disk utility. anyone know why they are getting more and more frequent? im not doing anything out of the ordinary, today i was just here and had nothing else running and BOOM grey screen telling me to restart in a few languages

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

You can look in the console output, which normally gives some insight on what caused the kernel panic.

Psst.. it's kernel.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

When they happen have you just plugged in or removed somthing from the computer, also have you added any RAM?

4. xtopher thread starter macrumors regular

xtopher

Where can I find that? Oh great, and here I am misspelling kernel when I nitpick every one else's grammar and spelling haha

5. xtopher thread starter macrumors regular

xtopher

i never unplug anything im usually just sittin there, and i have added ram but they never happened before and i installed the ram right at the start

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

7. xtopher thread starter macrumors regular

xtopher

8. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

It would make a difference if it is a little loose.

Anyway, just spotlight console, and then when you open it in the "filter" box type kernel. Then paste that over here.

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

were you having airport issues when these kernel panics occurred? you should read this thread.

10. xtopher thread starter macrumors regular

xtopher

whenever i type kernel in console it goes blank. and it did say something about something about my airport. not that thats much help. but im gonna run it on 2 GB for a lil while, semesters almost over nothin riding on it:p