Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I was on vacation for the past month, and when I got back I updated everything on my Macbook (2.4ghz). I believe 10.6.4 was one of them, and Safari 5. Since the update I've gotten about 4 kernel panics in the past 7 days. Prior to this I haven't had any problems. These kernel panics seems to occur when I'm using more program. I'll have Safari, iPhoto, and Photoshop running. I've use this machine with these programs running at the same time prior to the updates and I've never had this problem.

Safari also seems a bit odd sometimes, running slow with video and just now, I was browsing through amazon, and blocks of random graphics came up. They stayed there no matter what page, and even onto my desktop wallpaper. It went away after a quit.

Could it be the updates? Safari? Hard drive crappin' out? What can I do to resolve this?

scottsun

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
I had a similar problem when I install OS X every time I tried to install it, then reach through the kernel panic, I found the problem is my RAM, I installed two different types.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.