Kernel Error on Boot, wont Start up

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by miguellovesjesu, Mar 11, 2009.

1. miguellovesjesu macrumors member

So i was updating the new updates for my macbook (Has Tiger, not leopard) and after the updates it restarted. Upon booting, it loaded the apple logo and that little spinner then it just went into the kernel panic mode. I tried inserting the Mac OS X CD and it wont start up on it. I took out the batter and pressed the power button to take out any electrical power. Still didnt boot. I then pushed cmd+s to go into the single user mode and it also paniced on me, but luckily i was able to take a picture of it clearly. Heres the pic:

[​IMG]

can anyone shine some light on this? i can't reinstall mac os x cause i need files in here. and taking it to the apple store cant help as its a couple hundred miles away. thanks all!

2. eman macrumors 6502a

Does the macbook have a kernel panic when you load the OS X restore disks? Can you run disk utility from the restore disks?

3. miguellovesjesu thread starter macrumors member

it wont even let me run the disk, i hold c and nothing happens. How would i run disk utility? im assuming from the disk. the disk cant even be booted

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Have you tried resetting your PRAM and/or VRAM?

5. miguellovesjesu thread starter macrumors member

6. miguellovesjesu thread starter macrumors member

7. miguellovesjesu thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE:

so i used to have another macbook, same model and all, except i upgraded the RAM and HD, so i had the original ones in my house. So i swapped the ram to see if that might've been the problem. nope. still panics. so i swapped the HD, and voila, it loads up. So its not so much of a hardware problem with the mac but a HD issue. Is there a way where i can hook it up as a USB to grab all the files i need???? Its the macbook HD, im pretty sure you know which one it is...thanks all for your help/suggestions.