Kernel panic back, and im froze out

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jtmkrueger, Dec 1, 2009.

1. jtmkrueger macrumors newbie

So 2 weeks ago I started getting kernel panics, and was able to resolve the issue with some help from online tech support... or so I thought. I ran the disk utilities and permission file utility on the disk while on the phone, and it seemed fixed! but this morning, my screensaver was frozen, and when I tried to reboot, it panicked while the apple logo was up. Please help! I have to write a java program tonight and finish a ruby project due in a week for school! What information do you guys need to help me out with this?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Do you have another Mac? Is this one still under warranty? It sounds like something serious is fried.

3. dashcs macrumors regular

Ok make sure nothing extra is connected to your computer,like a printer or external HD.

Have the computer off.
    As soon as soon your turn it on,hold down the shift key for about 3-4 mins.

If you get the login window,it will say safe mode which should take 7-10 mins
    See if you can login in at this point with the kernel panic

Putting the computer in safe disable some 3rd party applications and does a bit of maintenance on the computer

4. jtmkrueger thread starter macrumors newbie

It's @ the mac store. They're pretty sure it's hardware, but I'll let you guys know. Thanks for your replies!