Kernel Panic caused by hamachi??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by reedomann, Jul 17, 2012.

1. reedomann macrumors member

reedomann

Today, I had 2 kernel panic attacks on my mac book air. Its about a year old and I have never had this happen before. I read all the text and it mentioned something about hamachi. I downloaded hamachi a few months ago to use for minecraft servers. I don't use hamachi very much so I can just uninstall it. I looked around online and I saw lots of other people who had kernel panic attacks that were connected to hamachi. So would uninstalling hamachi solve the problem? What should I do? :confused:

2. chown33 macrumors 604

Why the :confused:?

You have testimony from others that hamachi was a cause of kernel panics. So uninstall it. If it solves your problem, then your problem is solved. If it doesn't solve your problem, then post again.

If you can't live without hamachi, and it's causing kernel panics, then you have a tough choice to make.

Since no one knows what other things might be on your system, no one can diagnose any other possible interactions that might be causing kernel panics. If you provide a list of other things you've installed, that might be useful.

Another useful trick is to restart in Safe Mode and see if that temporarily solves the problem. Safe Mode has certain limitations (read this article), so it may be unacceptable to you to run that way for extended periods of time.

3. reedomann thread starter macrumors member

reedomann

ok thnx i uninstalled it and i will make a more detailed post if i have this problem again