Kernel Panic from start up! Help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ashleymf86, Nov 11, 2008.

1. ashleymf86 macrumors newbie

I'm tring to fix my iMac.....I am getting a kernel panic from start up! I've tried troubleshooting from the apple website. I've tried holding C....i only have two disk.....Mac OS S install disc 1 & 2. Ive tried holding Control, Option, R, and P. I'm really clueless! Anyone have any advice???

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

hold down cmd+s and turn on the computer
    at the prompt type:

fsck -fy

3. ashleymf86 thread starter macrumors newbie

CMD is the Apple key in between the option key and spacebar right? I held cmd+s down when i turned it on but it just went back to the grey screen with the folder that has a question mark

4. ashleymf86 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. ashleymf86 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried Holding C from start up.....D from start up.....Opt,cmd,p,r.....nothing happens with any of these. When i dont have a disk in it goes to grey screen with folder and blinking question mark.....with disk 1 of install it goes to page with kernel panic???? any help at all?

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You almost certainly have a hardware problem of some sort. Have you added any RAM recently? Are any external devices connected to your Mac? If the answer to both of these questions is no, then your Mac should be serviced by Apple.