kernel panic issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gonnabuyamac, Jun 13, 2007.

1. gonnabuyamac macrumors 6502

k, so I am frustrated. About a couple months ago, I started getting kernel panics when I would wake my laptop from sleep. I called AppleCare and they had me do a few resets, then did a restore from my OS X disks. That didn't make any difference, so I completely deleted everything on my computer and started over.

That worked for a couple weeks, but then it started up again. I called AppleCare and ended up sending it in - only to have them just delete everything and reinstall OS X (which I could have done in a much shorter time than just sending it in). I'm very unimpressed with Apple's support so far.

In the kernel panic logs, it says bluetooth all over in it. The only thing I can think of that might be causing the problem is a hardware issue, or the wireless N enabler. I waited to download it for a while last time, and now that I think back, I installed it roughly the same time I started having troubles.

Is the bluetooth connected to the wireless in any way? Could that be the issue?

2. gonnabuyamac thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

does it do anything to disable blue tooth? no the circuitry should be in no way shared/connected to the wifi. That said, I am not familiar with the enabler, maybe some sort of firmware update messed up something...

4. gonnabuyamac thread starter macrumors 6502

I Figured Out The Kernel Panic Problem!!!

I've been using my MBP without any problem for a couple days after the complete reinstall. Then, tonight I decided to install my wireless N enabler, and the very next time I woke it from sleep it had a kernel panic.

That must be the problem. I'm going to call AppleCare tomorrow and see what they will do about it.

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Once again, we get the message loudly and clearly that virtually all kernel panics are hardware related. It's shocking that Apple advised reinstalling OSX, especially with Panic Log reports invoking Bluetooth.