Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gonnabuyamac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
k, so I am frustrated. About a couple months ago, I started getting kernel panics when I would wake my laptop from sleep. I called AppleCare and they had me do a few resets, then did a restore from my OS X disks. That didn't make any difference, so I completely deleted everything on my computer and started over.

That worked for a couple weeks, but then it started up again. I called AppleCare and ended up sending it in - only to have them just delete everything and reinstall OS X (which I could have done in a much shorter time than just sending it in). I'm very unimpressed with Apple's support so far.

In the kernel panic logs, it says bluetooth all over in it. The only thing I can think of that might be causing the problem is a hardware issue, or the wireless N enabler. I waited to download it for a while last time, and now that I think back, I installed it roughly the same time I started having troubles.

Is the bluetooth connected to the wireless in any way? Could that be the issue?

gonnabuyamac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
I Figured Out The Kernel Panic Problem!!!

I've been using my MBP without any problem for a couple days after the complete reinstall. Then, tonight I decided to install my wireless N enabler, and the very next time I woke it from sleep it had a kernel panic.

That must be the problem. I'm going to call AppleCare tomorrow and see what they will do about it.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Once again, we get the message loudly and clearly that virtually all kernel panics are hardware related. It's shocking that Apple advised reinstalling OSX, especially with Panic Log reports invoking Bluetooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.