Kernel Panic, Mac wont Boot. UERGENT HELP PLEASE.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rjchubba, Jun 9, 2011.

1. rjchubba macrumors newbie

Hi all im a newbie here so excuse my lack of tech know how.

I have a Macbook pro 2ghz with 2 gig ram duo intel core running Osx 10.5.6
    For the last two day i have had kernel panic issue's with my computer well since tueday.

The issue i have is that i can not boot the computer up it gets to the Apple logo on the grey background and then i get a message saying that i need to power off my computer and hold the power button for a few seconds.
    This error message is black square on a grey background with power icon logo and in other languages.

I have tried to re-install the Os from install disks but when it gets to that point of the install there is no Machd drive to select to perform the install.
    Also i have a ggod Mac (working, PPc Mac) that i tried to connect the bad mac to via firewire but it did not show up on the desktop of the good Mac.

Im at my witts end with this as i cant even run any repair pgms on it to try and rectifie the issue.This is my working Mac and im already in a world of trouble with a client as i cant finish there work.

Can anyone out there help me please this is so urgent really need some good advice to get it up and running again.

Cheers,
    RJ.

2. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

try re-seating the RAM. Take it out and put it back in.

3. rjchubba thread starter macrumors newbie

Kernel Panic

Hi thanks for the reply, itook the ram out but i still have the same issue.

Me think's it might be the logic board.

Cheer's,
    RJ.

4. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Since neither Target Disk Mode nor the Install DVD can find a Hard Drive... What do you think the problem might be? The Hard Drive? The fact that you can boot from the Install DVD and get to the installation screen tells me the logic board and RAM are probably OK.
    Did you run the Apple Hardware Test? It's on the disks that came with the computer.
    Do you have an external drive? If you do and it's formatted for Mac, connect it, boot from the install disk. Does the installer now find a Hard Drive to install on?

5. msevild macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

symptoms of hard drive failure. if you're able to boot to install disc ram will not prevent hard drive from showing up but could cause install to fail. I mean it could be a faulty connector on the logic board but in three years of retail apple tech support I've never seen this. common symptom of bad OS or bad hard drive. my thoughts- hard drive since it is not showing up in target disk mode or from install disc. sorry for the bad news.